Tuesday, 13 July 2010

The Genre of Pet Photography: Dog Portraits


winston
Originally uploaded by bongopix

It's more than obvious that people photography is one of the king genres of this hot medium. Some of the best photographers that shoot portraits are practically household names. And the celebrities and royalty that these lucky bums get hired by pay them a handsome sum! I suppose when it comes to pet photography, you need to know the right kind of pet owner if you're looking for that fat paycheque. Otherwise the pooch don't pay much.

By the way, I've made a mental pact to upload more results from my shoots. In the past I've merely uploaded a few random selections from every shoot. I'm going to shift my flickr habits and upload a larger selection from every shoot that I do. So for now, please indulge in this current barrage of bow-wow.

If used correctly, the camera certainly has a magical quality to really "expose" the subject. If one's eyes are the window to the soul, a successful portrait is a sliding door to that person's self. Dogs have personality. Some might argue that they have souls. And that might be what I'm trying to attempt to do with this series. This isn't a spiritual journey by any means, but I want to approach these dogs the same way I would approach a human model. Can it be done? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment